Friday, July 4, 2008

Day Nine

I'm reading the new Brian Eno biography, which is decent enough, even if it does use the word sanguine way too many times. I learn that the entire Rock Against Racism movement/institution came about as a response to a racist tirade from Eric Clapton in the late seventies. Apparently he expressed support for Enoch Powell and feared that England was becoming a "black colony". Pretty rich for a guy whose music is based on the blues, and even reggae (his first hit was the Bob Marley cover I Shot the Sheriff).

I tour the Glenfiddich bottling plant and love the way some of the bottles are hand-numbered as they come off the line. The care in packaging brings to mind artists' multiples and my desire to scrap my earlier project and just make some fucking whiskey grows stronger.

No comments: