Friday, July 4, 2008

Day Eight

I've been sampling and playing around with sections from the Ronald Stevenson piano CD that arrived, but it's pretty insipid and uninspiring. It's described as a fairly radical work, which I suppose it might have been for its time. Much is made about how it is based around only four notes, but there are so many fills and frills and flourishes that you'd hardly know. Certain sections sound okay when really slowed down, but I want to be careful not to fall for that. Everything sounds good slowed down. I might abandon the project and move on.

I'm also trying to finish up a sound-art collection for Mercer Union, my last project there. It will include Pierre Bismuth, Kenneth Goldsmith, Brian Joseph Davis, Cory Archangel, Anitra Hamilton, Tony Romano, Christof Migone, Lee Ranaldo and a few others. It's shaping up nicely, just slowly.

Also preparing for an exhibition at Truck Gallery in Calgary next week. It's part of the Sled Island Festival, who are bringing in some great bands - No Age, Mogwai, Yo La Tengo, etc. etc. Hopefully the exhibitions (which also includes one of my favorites - Wim Delvoye's Cloaca) will not get lost under the schedule of indie-rock.

No comments: