Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 15

I've learnt my lesson about not making travel arrangements in advance. When I called a couple of days ago about a train from Dufftown to Glasgow the cost was ten pounds. When I booked it today, 48 hours later, the price has gone up by five hundred percent. I am also unable to book a hotel in Glasgow at the last minute. My plane to Calgary leaves early in the morning and there is no way that I can catch a Sunday morning train in time, so I have no choice but to spend the night.

The afternoon is spent online and on the telephone (I may have finally learned which digits to omit when calling locally) but 84 out of 85 hotels are booked. The one that is available is expensive and very far from town. I fear sleeping in a bus shelter, or at the very least the airport. Luckily David Shrigley offers his spare room for the night.

No comments: