Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Time Capsule

The time capsule to be buried with the whisky (which we now have to call 'spirit') arrived last week. It's almost the size of my leg, which got me thinking about the time when I worked for hard-core evangelical christians and they gave me a birthday present that consisted of a prosthetic leg filled with mars bars. I'm not making this up.

The capsule will contain a dozen 8 x 10 photos of the production of the project (the construction of the barrel, mostly, but also images of the stills, collecting rocks from the river, etc), my notebook, a super8 film of the barrel being produced, some legal paperwork, and a copy of the days local newspaper. In a nice coincidence, the paper will include an article about the burial.

The burial is set for this Monday, during the Spirit of Speyside whisky festival. I will be in town for four days only, and then rushing back to deal with Nuit Blanche.

No comments: